Saturday, January 7, 2012

Keeping Up with the...

KALENDARS!
One thing that I love about the beginning of the year is getting a new calendar! In my pursuit of the perfect calendaric (word?) blend of function and style, I came across some that I wish to share with you! Oh the decisions!
This is a desk calendar from PearentheticalPress on Etsy. Look at the colors! The one downfall to its cuteness: I think it could be too difficult to use as opposed to a wall calendar!







The designs on each page are so bright and optimistic! Perhaps it will make me rethink a wall calendar!

























The 2 images above are from another shop on Etsy, Khristian A. Howell, color & print expert. In regards to style- this calendar totally has it! It has beautiful, saturated color and a traditional layout. HOWEVER::: It is loose leaf, meaning the pages aren't bound together like a traditional calendar. I was thinking though that I could get a picture frame for it minus the glass front, and hunker it down that way. Oh the possibilities for this design dime!
































This calendar is also loose leaf, is seems. I found this one on Etsy as well- Hungry Fox. It is mythology/myth themed and semi-traditional style. The image takes up more than 50% of the "French-brand paper," but since it's so pretty it really doesn't matter if there's more image and less room to actually use the calendar. Here is what the theme of each month is:



I stopped my search after I narrowed it down to three on Etsy. I did this because I like buying things that are not in stores across America- but I cannot always do with with clothes, shoes, etc, because of prices! So I like to do what I can when I can. Also, I feel like I am supporting the community of people doing their own thing and being proud of it. Go you!

No comments:

Post a Comment