Monday, March 5, 2012

Fortune Seeking



"A candle throws its light into the darkness;
In a nasty world, so shines a good deed.
Make sure the fortune that you seek
is the fortune that you need...."


My generation wants. We want; we get. We want more; we get more. The problem with this is that this instant gratification is fleeting- The pleasure we get from having things lasts only a short time. We (always the usual exceptions) have blown off the concept of DELAYED GRATIFICATION.

Delayed gratification can teach us (me) valuable lessons- this most important lesson is patience. Things won't happen overnight. Things aren't going to be what I want them to be- not now, anyway. Perhaps things are exactly how they should be now for a reason and I need to be more patient. I am not going to turn into superbod overnight- it'll take months and months of harder work than what I'm doing now. But I am trying to delayed gratification thing- I am sticking with the gym even though I still have my "Fat days," and I am giving everything second goes. This is the year of JEN and patience: ZEN JEN!!

No comments:

Post a Comment